Time with History – The Beginnings in the Heart of the Art of Watchmaking

The history of Tutima begins in Saxony’s Glashütte: a legendary location of world renown as a “watch city” since 1845.

With the founding of the Uhren-Rohwerke-Fabrik Glashütte AG (UROFA) and the Uhrenfabrik Glashütte AG (UFAG) in 1926 and 1927 respectively, the 27-year-old Dr. Ernst Kurtz kicked off production of Glashütte’s first wristwatches. The top quality line from these factories was called Tutima, which is Latin for “secure, protected.”

The final development of UROFA-UFAG in 1941 became a milestone in the brand’s history: the legendary two-button pilot’s chronograph marked “Tutima.”